Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Employed

Last writing had something to do with options and graduation and the end of college etc. Well, college is over. I sat through graduation and actually enjoyed it. I got a bit teared up thinking about all the hours and hard work and good times stuff that everyone thinks of and gets chocked up about. Pretty typical really. Fast forwarding a bit and skipping some semi-awkward run-ins with Suzanne's parents, one very traumatic death of my fly rod, a couple good fish, the best birthday present to date, and a lot of logistics, I have now found a job, love, and an apartment.

Its crazy how much stuff changes in so little time. Honestly, I can't really take all of it into this puny little mind of mine.

So the breakdown. I am in love, complete with the spiritual face-kicking-ness that accompanies this close relationship that will hopefully (oh please) turn into marriage. I have been ever so sly as to not gradually show my weakness to Suzanne, but to throw a weighty portion her way while pulling her into the midst of it. What did I find with this unwise action? Complete and whole acceptance, sound counsel, and a soul willing to walk through these troubles with me. All this from a person whose company is more pleasant and encouraging than any I have ever thought possible. She embodies Christ. I admire her. For some reason, she reciprocates these ideas back to me with an honesty that makes my bones resound with excitement like a tuning fork. I did not expect this, but upon experiencing it, the great love stories of my mind (Last of the Mohicans, Eric and Polly, etc.) seem completely plausible and rational.

The job. I work for AMCO Products under a guy named Wendell. I one of two engineers on staff and am currently involved in some low key R&D on the devices used to apply bottle caps manifesting itself in the form of high speed filming processes. Its amazing what you see while looking at life one frame at a time, especially when you have 500 frames per second. I would buy a camera that could do this for emotions.

The apartment. I got one. All my neighbors are old and I move in on Saturday. We'll see how this one works out.

8 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Eric Dacus said...

Congrats on the job man! And on the roller-coaster ride of a good relationship. I hope the apartment works out too. I feel honored to be listed with Last of the Mohicans... I need to give you call, so this comment is like a pre-phone call, which is like a text message only not as immediate in its effect because it requires you to check back to this page... err this longer than it needs be be...

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Wes said...

I love you.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

i love you more than wes does :)

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger taylorius said...

one word: heartofachampion. much love from me too. maybe you and your old neighbors can find a place to go dancing together in ft.smith for an end of summer dance bash. we'll bring the naked neighbor and the watermelon man.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Stu said...

You're my favorite....

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Hey, is Wendell's last name Martin? If it is he is sort of related to me--by marriage.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Yep, anderson-martin. Thats it. you are working for my uncle. Small world--well, small state, at least.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Shelli said...

Job Shmob ...DON'T CALL ME NANCY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home