Wednesday, October 24, 2007

buildering, its not just for the urbanites anymore

Suzanne and I went to Agri Park in Fayscrizzle last night to do a bit of moonlit buildering. I must say the friction was very good. Definitely reminiscent of those 45 degree days at Valley of the Blind when I couldn't feel the rock and didn't care because I was sticking 5.10ab crimps like Garfield on the back glass of your weird aunt's car. Whatever, my calves are sore. I think that Suzanne is going to be a world class climber, both because of her climbing aptitude and how shockingly good she looks in Capilene. But thats really more my enjoyment... in 8 months.

Eloping. Its cool right? I don't know anyone who has done it, but I am not ruling out the possibility.

The Hirsch told me that engagement was horrible, and that I should just skip that step when the time came and I am beginning to see why. She wants to marry me, and I want to marry her. I should have just brought Kent with me when I proposed and we could have skipped a bunch of yearning.

Yearning, yearning, yearning.

I painted for the first time since 2nd grade Monday night. I used oil paints. I am BAD! Oh man, it looks like Dennis Hoffman from Rain Man got a hold of Bill Murry's character from Caddyshack and from that, made a play. My painting is the oil and canvas manifestation of that play, void white pigments. I can't make white from blue, red, and yellow. I tried pouring the paint through a prism, but that didn't work. Just kidding, I didn't really do that.

Still yearning. ing.

The Christian life is so much more than sin management, and Satan is a bastard for making me think that it isn't.

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Bearcat said...

I love reading how you describe things - they make complete sense to me

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Stu said...

Ben, you really need to keep this posting spree rolling. I like hearing your inner monologue....very genuine and very funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home