Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Christmas Season, single or not single

In the past, I have never been very into the Christmas season. It really just made me feel lonely.
It was like a month long Valentine's Day. To clarify, I am not necessarily talking about Christ's birth, but rather the season of Christmas that is portrayed in movies. The one with people all gathered in the living room decorating and laughing, drinking egg nog and playing games. The whole scene from Serendipity where they are skating around central park while its snowing. That kind of stuff.

I have just come to the realization that all those things make you feel either really lonely or really happy. Its one of the two. If you are in love and are having that love reciprocated, the yule time is a rock your socks off good time. However, if you are single, it's just cold and annoying and expensive and annoying. This whole argument, of course, excludes anyone young enough to not be concerned with the opposite sex; meaning for all 12 year olds, Christmas rocks. Always. Barring some tragic family accidents or situations... I don't want to make light of anyone's tough situation.

Continuing on...

I would like to give a short discussion on the great things about the Christmas season as I see them from my current engaged perspective, and by "discussion," I mean I am going to write out the things I am looking forward to doing with Suzanne around the holidays.

Walking around "looking at the lights" which really means she is going to be squeezing my arm really tight as I look at her from the corner of my eye. She will be looking at the lights.
Watching Christmas Vacation with Suzanne (who knows every line) and laughing lots.
Seeing Suzanne wear really weird clothes (its easier to accessories in cold weather... duh) but look really really pretty in them.
Gluwine.
Eating fancy cheese and drinking wine and getting kissed by Suzanne.

Most of this really just involves Suzanne. I guess everything is made sweeter when you get to share it; share it with a girl/woman, not a heterosexual life partner. I wouldn't want to kiss, or snuggle by a fire with Lafe. No offense.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Stu said...

Well then you've apparently never snuggled with Lafe. HA!

Seriously though, he's got his serious girlfriend and I'm moving to Mexico so I feel ache of singleness you so aptly described in your post. I'm gonna miss the crap out of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home